Health Mart Antiseptic Skin Cleanser – Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care. Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease. Patient preoperative skin preparation: for the preparation of the patient’s skin prior to surgery. Skin wound and general skin cleansing.
How To Apply:
- These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- Surgical hand scrub: Wet hands and forearms under running water.
- Scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles and interdigital spaces.
- A separate nail cleaner may be used.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running water.
- Dry thoroughly. Healthcare personnel handwash: Wet hands with water.
- Dispense about 5 mL of product with cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 seconds.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Patient preoperative skin preparation: Apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel.
- Repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel.
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing: Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water.
- Apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently.
- Rinse again thoroughly.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age.
- Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F). Avoid excessive heat above 40 degrees C (104 degrees F).
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
Cocamide DEA; Fragrance; Glucono-Delta-Lactone; Hydroxyethylcellulose; Isopropyl Alcohol; Lauramine Oxide; PEG-75 Lanolin; Purified Water; Tridecyl Alcohol
For external use only.
Do not use: if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients; in contact with meninges; in the genital area; as a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face.
When using this product: Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. If the solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water. Wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated. Repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Reference: Daily Med
RN: 000420S00495H02, Z: 000000, MCK: 2060747, UPC: 05256913800
There are no reviews yet.