Mucinex Children’s Cough Liquid Cherry Flavor – Dextromethorphan HBr, Guaifenesin
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive. Temporarily relieves: cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritations as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants, the intensity of coughing, the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep. Ages 4+ yrs.
- Do not give more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period.
- Measure only with dosing cup provided.
- Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- Dose as follows or as directed by a doctor.
- Children 6 years to under 12 years of age: 5 mL-10 mL every 4 hours.
- Children 4 years to under 6 years of age: 2.5 mL-5 mL every 4 hours.
- Tamper evident: Do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing.
- Children under 4 years of age: Do not use.
- Store between 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F).
- Do not refrigerate.
Each 5 mL Contains: Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg; Guaifenesin 100 mg.
Anhydrous Citric Acid; Edetate Disodium; FD&C Red No. 40; Flavors; Glycerin; Propyl Gallate; Propylene Glycol; Purified Water; Sodium Benzoate; Sorbitol; Sucralose; Trisodium Citrate Dihydrate*; Xanthan Gum; *May Contain This Ingredient; Each 5 mL Contains: Sodium 3 mg.
Do not use: In a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has: Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus); persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma. When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness. Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose Warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
RN: 000723S000495H02, ZC: 000450, MCK: 2045078, UPC: 36382427464